Canon MX496 Printer Cartridges & Supplies
Explore our selection of products manufactured for your Canon Pixma MX496 Printer. Rest assured, all Canon MX496 ink cartridges we offer are of a high quality. Unlock remarkable savings while enjoying the best ink quality for your Canon MX496 Pixma Printer today.
Buy Canon MX496 Ink Cartridges & Supplies
Supplies for the Canon MX496
Standard Ink Cartridges
High Capacity Ink Cartridges
How to replace the Canon MX496 cartridges
When you need to replace a PG645 / CL646 cartridge, follow the procedure below.
Make sure that the power is turned on.
Open the front cover (A).
The paper output tray (B) opens.
- Remove any paper in the cassette.
Open the paper output cover.
The cartridge holder (C) moves to the replacement position.
- Do not hold the cartridge holder to stop or move it forcibly. Do not touch the cartridge holder until it stops completely.
- The inside of the machine may be stained with ink. Be careful not to stain your hands or clothing when replacing the cartridge. You can easily wipe off the ink from the inside of the machine with tissue paper or the like.
- Do not touch the metallic parts or other parts inside the machine.
- If the paper output cover is left open for more than 10 minutes, the cartridge holder may move and the Alarm lamp light. In this case, close the paper output cover, then open it again.
Push down the empty cartridge until it clicks.
You hear an electronic sound twice.
When you set the alarm to be silent in Sound control of Dev. user settings, the alarm will not beep even if the cartridge is detached
Remove the FINE cartridge.
- Handle the cartridge carefully to avoid staining of clothing or the surrounding area.
- Discard the empty cartridge according to the local laws and regulations regarding disposal of consumables.
Take a new cartridge out of its package and remove the protective tape (D) gently.
- If you shake a FINE cartridge, ink may spill out and stain your hands and the surrounding area. Handle a FINE cartridge carefully.
- Be careful not to stain your hands and the surrounding area with ink on the removed protective tape.
- Do not reattach the protective tape once you have removed it. Discard it according to the local laws and regulations regarding disposal of consumables.
- Do not touch the electrical contacts or print head nozzle on a FINE cartridge. The machine may not print properly if you touch them.
Insert the new cartridge at a slant into the cartridge holder.
The colour cartridge should be installed into the left slot and the black cartridge should be installed into the right slot.
Insert the cartridge gently so that it does not hit the electrical contacts on the FINE cartridge holder.
Push the cartridge in and up firmly until it snaps into place.
You hear an electronic sound once.
Check if the cartridge is installed correctly.
- The machine cannot print unless both the color FINE cartridge and black cartridge are installed. Be sure to install both cartridges.
When you set the alarm to be silent in Sound control of Dev. user settings, the alarm will not beep even if the cartridge is attached
Close the paper output cover.
If the error message appears after the paper output cover is closed, take appropriate action.
When you start printing after replacing the FINE cartridge, the machine starts cleaning the print head automatically. Do not perform any other operations until the machine completes the cleaning of the print head.
- If the print head is out of alignment, as indicated by misaligned printed ruled lines or similar symptoms, align the print head.
- The machine may make noise during operation.
Notes on PG645 & CL646 cartridges
Do not touch the electrical contacts (A) or print head nozzle (B) on a cartridge. The machine may not print properly if you touch them.
- If you remove a cartridge, replace it immediately. Do not leave the machine with the FINE cartridge removed.
Use a new cartridge for replacement. Installing a used cartridge may cause the nozzles to clog.
Furthermore, with such a cartridge, the machine will not be able to inform you when to replace the cartridge properly.
- Once a cartridge has been installed, do not remove it from the machine and leave it out in the open. This will cause the cartridge to dry out, and the machine may not operate properly when it is reinstalled. To maintain optimal printing quality, use a cartridge within six months of first use.
If a cartridge runs out of ink, you can print with either colour or black cartridge, in whichever ink remains, only for a while. However the print quality may be reduced compared to when printing with both cartridges. We recommend to use a new cartridge in order to obtain optimum qualities.
Even when printing with one ink only, print with leaving the empty cartridge installed. If either of the colour cartridge or black cartridge is not installed, an error occurs and the machine cannot print.
Colour ink may be consumed even when printing a black-and-white document or when black-and-white printing is specified.
Both colour ink and black ink are also consumed in the standard cleaning and deep cleaning of the print head, which may be necessary to maintain the performance of the machine. When ink runs out, replace the cartridge immediately with a new one.
Shop for Canon MX496 Printer Supplies
The Canon MX496 is a handy printer if for low volume printing and that being the case you may forget how to change out the cartridges. Replacing cartridges in the Canon MX496 printer is quick and easy. Canon printers are very user friendly. Use genuine Canon cartridges in your printer to ensure easy operation and replacement of printer cartridges. You can update your firmware and keep your printer updated with the latest security features. It’s really important to keep your network and devices, which includes your printer, secure. Using genuine Canon cartridges is a major benefit, your printer will tell when inks are getting low and almost due for replacement. Giving you time to purchase more cartridges before they run out. If you want to help the environment, genuine Canon cartridges can be recycled through the Cartridges 4 Planet Ark program. Canon continues to contribute to this program financially. They are a environmentally responsible company and well worth supporting.