Canon TS3165 Printer Cartridges & Supplies
Explore our selection of products manufactured for your Canon Pixma TS3165 Printer. Rest assured, all Canon TS3165 ink cartridges we offer are of a high quality. Unlock remarkable savings while enjoying the best ink quality for your Canon TS3165 Pixma Printer today.
Buy Canon TS3165 Ink Cartridges & Supplies
Supplies for the Canon TS3165
Standard Ink Cartridges
High Capacity Ink Cartridges
How to replace the Canon TS3165 cartridges
When you need to replace cartridges in the TS3165 printer, follow the procedure below.
Do not touch the electrical contacts (A) or print head nozzle (B) on the cartridge. The printer may not print properly if you touch them.
- If you remove a PG645 or CL646 cartridge, replace it immediately. Do not leave the printer with the cartridge removed.
Use a new genuine canon PG645 or CL646 cartridge for replacement. Installing a used cartridge may cause the nozzles to clog.
Furthermore, with such a cartridge, the printer will not be able to inform you when to replace the cartridge properly.
- Once a cartridge has been installed, do not remove it from the printer and leave it out in the open. This will cause the cartridge to dry out, and the printer may not operate properly when it is reinstalled. To maintain optimal printing quality, use a cartridge within six months of first use.
For Windows, if a cartridge runs out of ink, you can print with either colour or black cartridge, in whichever ink remains, only for a while. However the print quality may be reduced compared to when printing with both cartridges. We recommend to use a new cartridge in order to obtain optimum qualities.
Even when printing with one ink only, print with leaving the empty cartridge installed. If either of the colour cartridge or black cartridge is not installed, an error occurs and the printer cannot print.
Colour ink may be consumed even when printing a black-and-white document or when black-and-white printing is specified.
Both colour ink and black ink are also consumed in the standard cleaning and deep cleaning of the print head, which may be necessary to maintain the performance of the printer. When ink runs out, replace the cartridge immediately with a new one.
Make sure that the Canon TS3165 power is turned on.
Retract the paper output tray and the output tray extension.
Open the cover.
The printer cartridge holder moves to the replacement position.
- Do not hold the cartridge holder to stop or move it forcibly. Do not touch the cartridge holder until it stops completely.
- The inside of the printer may be stained with ink. Be careful not to stain your hands or clothing when replacing the PG645 or CL646 cartridge. You can easily wipe off the ink from the inside of the printer with tissue paper or the like.
- Do not touch the metallic parts or other parts inside the printer.
- If the cover is left open for more than 10 minutes, the cartridge holder moves to the far left and an error occurs. In this case, close the cover, then open it again.
Remove the empty cartridge.
Push down the cartridge until it clicks.
Remove the cartridge.
- Handle the cartridge carefully to avoid staining of clothing or the surrounding area.
- Discard the empty cartridge according to the local laws and regulations regarding disposal of consumables.
Prepare a new PG645 or CL646 cartridge.
Take a new cartridge out of its package and remove the protective tape (C) gently.
- If you shake a cartridge, ink may spill out and stain your hands and the surrounding area. Handle a cartridge carefully.
- Be careful not to stain your hands and the surrounding area with ink on the removed protective tape.
- Do not reattach the protective tape once you have removed it. Discard it according to the local laws and regulations regarding disposal of consumables.
- Do not touch the electrical contacts or print head nozzle on a cartridge. The printer may not print properly if you touch them.
Install the cartridge.
Insert the new cartridge at a slant into the cartridge holder.
The colour cartridge should be installed into the left slot and the black cartridge should be installed into the right slot.
Insert the cartridge gently so that it does not hit the electrical contacts on the cartridge holder.
Push the cartridge in and up firmly until it snaps into place.
Check if the cartridge is installed correctly.
- The TS3160 printer cannot print unless both the CL646 colour cartridge and PG645 black cartridge are installed. Be sure to install both cartridges.
Close the cover.
If the error code is displayed on the LCD after the cover is closed, take appropriate action. The printer may make noise during operation.
Adjust the print head position. After replacing the cartridge, align the print head.
Aligning the Print Head
- When print head alignment is performed, the printer starts cleaning the print head automatically before printing the print head alignment sheet. Do not perform any other operations until the printer completes the cleaning of the print head.
Shop for Canon TS3165 Printer Cartridges & Supplies
The Canon TS3165 is a handy printer, copier and scanner designed for low volume printing. And that being the case, you may forget how to change out the cartridges if you don’t have to do it very often. Replacing cartridges in the Canon TS3165 printer is quick and easy. Canon printers are very user friendly. Use genuine Canon cartridges in your printer to ensure easy operation and replacement of printer cartridges. You can update your firmware and keep your printer updated with the latest security features. It’s really important to keep your network and devices, which includes your printer, secure. Using genuine Canon cartridges is a major benefit, your printer will tell when inks are getting low and almost due for replacement. Giving you time to purchase more cartridges before they run out. If you want to help the environment, genuine Canon cartridges can be recycled through the Cartridges 4 Planet Ark program. Canon continues to contribute to this program financially. They are a environmentally responsible company and well worth supporting.